Preserve its Warmth and Beauty
Owning a tiled stove is not only an aesthetic pleasure, but also a responsible task to preserve its functionality and charm. With proper maintenance, a tiled stove can maintain its heat and appearance for a long time. Here are some advice and tips to take care of your tiled stove in the best way:
1. Regular Cleaning:
- Exterior Cleaning: Use a soft cloth or sponge with warm water to clean the surface of the tile stove. Avoid strong chemicals that can damage the surface.
- Internal Cleaning: Regularly empty the ash and soot from the oven and the soot box. Use an ash vacuum cleaner or an ash brush to do this work.
2. Check and Replace Worn Parts:
- Seals: Make sure the seals around hatches and valves are intact and replace them if worn. This helps to prevent leakage of smoke and to maintain effectiveness.
- Rust and Damage: Regularly inspect the interior of the oven for rust or other damage. Replace any damaged parts to prevent bigger problems in the future.
3. Avoid Overheating:
- Follow the manufacturer's recommendations for fuel type and quantity to be used in the tile stove. Overheating can cause cracks or other damage to the oven.
4. Use the Right Fuel:
- Use only the fuel intended for the tile stove. Damp or unsuitable fuel can affect the performance of the furnace and create accumulations of soot or ash.
5. Professional Service and Inspection:
- Regular servicing and inspections by a qualified professional can detect potential problems at an early stage and prevent major damage.
6. Protect against External Damage:
- Do not place heavy objects on or against the tile stove to avoid the risk of damage.
- Protect the tile stove from direct contact with water or liquids to prevent possible stains or damage to the surface.
Caring for a tiled stove regularly and following these tips can extend its life and preserve its aesthetics and functionality. A well-maintained specimen will continue to add warmth and character to your home for many years to come.